Specializing in Piano Lessons, Organ Lessons, Keyboard Lessons and Accordion Lessons
Brenda is a native Calgarian and teaches in her home in Silver Springs, NW. Brenda began music lessons at the age of six and has continued to explore and play music through-out her life. Brenda has mastered the Piano, Organ, Accordion, and Keyboard. She has studied Royal Conservatory, and has her grade seven in Piano, she has completed the Palmer Hughes course in Accordion Grade 10, as well as Technics course for Keyboard and Organ. Brenda teaches both children and adults, tailoring her teaching to each students ability to learn.
Brenda is a very nurturing teacher whose goal is to see her students develop skills to play whatever instrument they have chosen with confidence. Brenda encourages all her students to find music they would like to play and teach it to them in conjunction with the level they are at.
She shares her joy and positiveness with others – helping students expand their knowledge and love of music – knowing this gift of music will stay with them for life. Brenda has many creative ideas to help nurture the love of music in each of her students.
Brenda has many creative ideas to help nurture the love of music in each of her students. Brenda brings her passion for music, her creativity and training into each lesson to encourage her students to practice and enjoy the process of mastering their music.
Brenda’s Student Gabby loves to bring her pet hamster (Porkchop) to her lesson. Porkchop sleeps on the piano and enjoys listening to its owner play for him. This little hamster accompanies Gabby when she goes to practice at home or to Brenda’s studio! Even after fracturing her arm, Gabby still plays the organ for fun and brings Porkchop with her. Gabby just loves to learn and play her music. Check out this video of Gabby playing with Porkchop! —> YouTube video – Gabby with Porkchop
Brenda has many interests and believes in inspiring her students to feel they can do anything they put their mind and heart into. Brenda has studied as well in the holistic field, including Reiki and Reflexology. She is a certified Reiki Master Teacher and Reflexologist. Brenda works from her home in both modalities, as well as teaches music. She also enjoys photography, writing and art. She believes in doing all she can to bring beauty and harmony into the world.
Brenda loves life; she is friendly, and supportive of all who come into her life, encouraging people to be the best they can be!
Brenda’s Music Lesson Approach Is:
- I set up a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere in my home studio with my students to help them feel comfortable during the lesson.
- I like to establish a lesson plan and practice schedule that will assist my students to learn in the best way possible. Every student is an individual, so the way they learn varies. I like to be creative in my approach so that they understand new concepts and can practice with confidence.
- It is appreciated when parents have time to be involved with their children’s practice schedule and encourage them when they encounter a challenge. It makes a huge difference when mom or dad or caregiver can say something positive about what their child is playing.
- I love to see the sparkle in my students eyes and body language when they have grasped a technic, or performed a song well.
- It is important for my students to enjoy the learning process and to embrace their own unique style of playing a song using the skills they have learned. To see them perform for their friends or family with sparkle and confidence!
- Music is a skill that your child will enjoy for years to come. It helps their brain develop on both sides – the right and left hemisphere. They develop the ability to think in logical terms, and then use their emotional and creative side to enhance what they have created.
“We find Brenda to be encouraging and supportive. She always has a smile on her face and makes the boys feel more confident.” From Lori an Imagine Music Inc mom.
“We have loved our time with Brenda, she’s wonderful and I would highly recommend her to anyone, especially children wanting to take lessons. If Danika changes her mind on lessons in the future, I know Brenda will be our first call.“ From Ceara an Imagine Music Inc parent.
“My daughter has been enjoying her piano lessons under Brenda’s instruction for over three years. I still remember that my daughter was very picky and just afraid to try out something new, and it was very hard to convince her to try the piano at first. I told her she should try at least a couple of times and if she still didn’t like it, then I promised I would just withdraw her form it. So she tried the piano for about two weeks. On the second week she told me she’s really enjoying the piano, and she even thanked me for forcing her to try it. 🙂 I could see the sparkle in her eyes when she talked about the lessons and how Brenda led her to the possibility of playing her favourite songs and how much she enjoyed her lessons.
My daughter started the piano with no skills whatsoever, and it was so much fun even for me to see how quickly she had progressed with reading notes and playing the piano with confidence. My daughter was looking forward to the next lesson all time, and every time after her lesson, she came out with big smiles on her face and never forgot to mention how much she liked her piano teacher, Brenda, which made me so happy as well.
I think Brenda knows how to motivate especially young learners and she brings not only her music techniques but also a deep connection with her students that can last for a long time. Brenda truly cares about her students and understands her students’ needs and requirements, so she always makes the students feel very comfortable without feeling any pressure or obligations. I think one of the greatest things about Brenda is that she also works hard for her students’ confidence. I truly believe that Brenda is one of the best teachers in so many ways and we were blessed to have found her. I would not hesitate at all to recommend her to anyone. I am sure you would be so happy to have her as your/your child’s teacher, just like I was!” From Clair an Imagine Music Inc parent.